Monday, April 28, 2008

Meet Virginia


Keely, the boys, and I set off of Virginia on Thursday afternoon to retrieve Steve from his hike through part of the Shenandoah National Park and made pretty good time. There was minimal complaining, no major fighting and the boys did pretty well too.
We arrived at Robert and Grace's house later than expected due to a long dinner and 4 wrong turns - during which Jakob said, "I hope we get there." To which I replied, "Me too." Then he amended his statement with, "I hope we get there before we crash!" I thought I was doing a pretty good job, but what do I know?!
Friday, we drove around the UVA campus, then Steve and I checked out a few local wineries while Grace and Rob braved the babysitting task. In the evening we went to downtown Charlottesville to check out 'Fridays after 5' where there was a free concert - the band was 6 Day Bender, and then we had a delicious Italian meal and enjoyed the atmosphere of the outdoor seating. Jakob tried ravioli for the first time and loved it!
Saturday, we woke up at an ungodly hour to drive to Norfolk to go sailing. We set out on the boat and got about 100 yards out of the slip before Jakob noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment. That put an end to our sailing adventure. So we went to the Naval Museum and toured the USS Wisconsin.












We had a great time in Virginia with Rob and Grace and hope to visit again soon - only in DC next time.




No comments: