Thursday, May 1, 2008

A great day!

According to Jeff Foxworthy, when you're a kid, it's a GREAT day when your mother makes you get undressed on the porch before you come inside! That's exactly what happened to Ben yesterday.
We started the day at Lowe's shopping for a tiller and plants- finally. I had a lot of trouble starting the tiller, but Steve did it after work with almost no trouble. I hope I can get it started today. I tilled about 1/6 of the space but today I have to mix in good garden soil and do another section for peas and corn.
I can't wait to start again today when it gets a little warmer. It's a little harder than I thought to run but I got the hang of it after a while. And I'll get to plant my tomatoes and peppers today, too!
Noah and Ben had fun playing in the mud and running up and down the hill while Jakob rode on the 'wah moe-muu' (lawn mower) with Steve.
Jakob got bored with the mower, so he decided to help me try and get up the weeds from the tilled ground.

No comments: