Tuesday, March 10, 2009

spring fever

The weather has been so nice lately, that I have been trying to get the flower beds and boxes. Ben was a big help yesterday picking up the dead branches in the flower garden. Bocce was wondering what was going on because her chew toys were disappearing, but she got over it. Today, I took on the boxes on the back porch. I cleared out all the dead plants and moved one plant to a different box. Then, I decided to do what I have wanted and needed to do since we moved in. Apparently, the bottom had fallen out of the large box so the dirt was falling out. I took all the dirt out and it filled 5 planters, boxes and tubs. Steve will figure out how to fix it and get it all done so I can finally get flowers back in it and beautify the porch. And I demolished the broken trellis and pulled up the dead ivy.
This is the planter box from the top with the falling bottom still in it
This is the rotten particle board bottom

I also planted some seeds in peet pots a few weeks ago but now I'm afraid I did it too soon and they will die before I can get the garden ready to plant. I guess I should start tilling soon.
I hope my thumb of death starts turning a little greener soon!
Noah and Ben also played outside a lot while I was working. They played with the tire swing in the woods and also sat the giant log at the edge of the woods and turned it into a motorcycle. It was fun. They played with the dogs and rode their scooters. I hope the weather holds so we can play outside more.

2 comments:

Kevin Sandi Emma Adri said...

I love that we can leave projects to the Schrag boys and know that "they will figure it out"!! I have no doubt that Steve will fix it and it will be cheaper than buying a new planter!

maggitootis said...

But I had to do all the hard work! :P