Wednesday, October 8, 2008

PUMPKINS!!!

It's pumpkin time in the country!!
My Ladies' club each year paints pumpkins to sell at the Bob Evan's Farm Festival in Rio Grand (pronounced rye-o grand). As it was my first year in the group, I had no idea what I would paint on my pumpkins, so out of the list of possibilities I chose to do Batman. I didn't really think that Batman would be that popular, and I couldn't find a good picture of 'The Dark Knight' that I could copy easily, so I had to find something else too. Much of my free time over the last 3 weeks has been spent finding pictures, tracing, painting, and spraying. I am finally finished painting and ready to help set up the booth tomorrow. And I am looking forward to manning the booth over the weekend! The painted pumpkin booth is very popular and it is even advertised in the Bob Evans kid's menu.
Here are some of the pictures. And we're keeping the Power Cat at the top!
Scarecrow for Hire
A few of my 35 minis
Snoopy and Woodstock
This one was just cute
One of my Batman pumpkins
Cornucopia
Boo!
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
embellished with nylon leaves hot glued
on to add dimension and to
cover up my ugly painted leaves

4 comments:

Cat said...

Maggie,

Your pumpkins are so cute!!! You are so creative and talented. I can hardly draw a circle much less a batman. WEll done!

Aunt Cathy said...

dam Mag those are really cool! I wish I had art talent.

maggitootis said...

I don't have talent - Will got all those genes! I just traced and copied the picture!

Robert and Marcy said...

Very impressive. Wish we could be there to buy one or two or more. Have fun!